wayfarers all

children's literature, childhood and culture (and anything else that strikes my fancy).

My Photo
Name:
Location: pittsburgh, U.S. Outlying Islands

carbon-based life form: thinking, reading and gardening. New College alum; current grad student writing a dissertation. I specialize in children's literature, media, and culture, and queer/gender studies, with a strong interest in 19th century British literature and culture. I like history, a lot.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

YA reading marathon

I've been swamped with end of semester paperwriting, revising and insomnia, but in between that fun i've been running a marathon of YA novel reading. Titles I've zipped through in the last two weeks include:

Boy Meets Boy - David Levithan
How to Disappear Completely & Never Be Found - Sara Nickerson
Lizzie Bright & the Buckminster Boy - Gary Schmidt
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Steven Chbosky
how i live now - meg rosoff
The Homeward Bounders - Diana Wynne Jones (a re-read)
Running Loose - Chris Crutcher
Multiple Choice - Janet Tashjian

I will write more about some of them - how i live now and Perks in particular - when i've had a chance to re-read, and think more deeply about them.
stay tuned - same bat time, same bat station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Hit Counter