wayfarers all

children's literature, childhood and culture (and anything else that strikes my fancy).

My Photo
Name:
Location: pittsburgh, U.S. Outlying Islands

carbon-based life form: thinking, reading and gardening. New College alum; current grad student writing a dissertation. I specialize in children's literature, media, and culture, and queer/gender studies, with a strong interest in 19th century British literature and culture. I like history, a lot.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

wonkamania is sweeping my brain!

i can't stop thinking about this movie...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
new brainstorm, from a conversation with someone else today (theatre manager/programmer who asked me to lead discussion post-screening this coming monday):

what if the ending is tongue-in-cheek? a poke at, say, the 1971 treacly ooky moralizing ending?

my wish right now: to sit down with tim burton, john august and johnny depp and find out what THEY think is going on in this movie.

then johnny depp would explain to me everything i want to know about Pirates of the Caribbean.

then perhaps he'd decided to leave his partner for me and we'd live happily ever after in france.

or not. i'd settle for writing a couple of really smart articles using my insider quotes from depp, burton & august.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Hit Counter