wayfarers all

children's literature, childhood and culture (and anything else that strikes my fancy).

My Photo
Name:
Location: pittsburgh, U.S. Outlying Islands

carbon-based life form: thinking, reading and gardening. New College alum; current grad student writing a dissertation. I specialize in children's literature, media, and culture, and queer/gender studies, with a strong interest in 19th century British literature and culture. I like history, a lot.

Monday, October 17, 2005

it's been a long time

and, unfortunately, I don't have much to say at the moment. I've been unbelievably busy with not my favorite things since school began; I haven't had time at all for my own academic pursuits. Instead, i've been teaching freshman composition, reading about composition theory and pedagogy and hunkering down with some of the classics of American lit (last week, we read Moby Dick - the whole book, in one week, for one class).

eventually, i'll bring my brilliant insights back here but for now - consider this blog temporarily in hibernation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Kerry

I've missed your Blog. Sorry to hear that everything is getting in the way, and not even nice things at that... Although reading the whole of Moby Dick in one week with your class sounds awesome !

By the way, perhaps you should consider opting for word verification on your comments, to stop spam like the above from appearing ?

1:12 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Thanks for posting here. I was worried about you.

I own a copy of Moby Dick, but I have never taken the time to read it. I will add that to my short list of books to read.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Hit Counter